Monday, October 10, 2011

Les Portes Tordues

I finally have Les Portes Tordues (The Twisted Doors) in my hands. Thanks to Flipkart

I will be writing a review on this book once I complete it. All I can say is that I am already enjoying the style. The first few lessons that I read and heard are very simple, though. Most of these lessons are from 4-8 lines long and deal only with the present tense. I flipped through the book and I can see that the later chapters are longer and have more complex constructions.
The book is bilingual and chapters are arranged such that a line of French corresponds to a line of English. The translation, so far, is top notch. The story telling is also excellent. But we’ll see.

The preface of the book recommends listening and reading. But I will write down the chapters too. I prefer it that way.

And now if you excuse me, I need to dive right into the book.

1 comment: