Thursday, October 20, 2011

French Movies with French Subtitles.

I am told watching movies in French language helps build your language skills.
That is not entirely true though.
At least not for the beginners.
If you already have some language skills then it might help, otherwise not really.

However, if French movies had French subtitles, then it would help.
Really help!
I am not sure if French movies come with French subtitles or not.
But if they do, then this is what I would suggest …

a) See the French movie first with English subtitles (or the language you are familiar with). Basically, just enjoy the movie.
b) Assuming the movie is worth watch more than one time, watch it once more but this time without any subtitles. Try and catch as many words and phrases you can.
c) Watch it the third time; but this time, keep the French subtitles on. Pause as and when required to absorb more.
d) And finally, repeat b).

I need to check out if French movies on DVD have French subtitles. I would start my search with Le dîner de cons

No comments:

Post a Comment