Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Song, A Gem, A Learner's Delight

I discovered this song on You Tube quite by accident. I was looking for phrases that go de … en … For example, de plus en plus (more and more), de temps en temps (from time to time). When I looked for the phrase de moins en moins (less and less) I hit upon this amazing French song.

The song, de moins en moins, is brilliant by itself but what makes this particular video a learner’s delight is that this has lyrics and a good translation. Here enjoy ...



Charles Aznavour has a fantastic voice, I must say. Note: Expand the video to get a good view of the lyrics and the translation.

By the way, if you prefer Celine Dion instead (by which I mean, slow, melodious and simpler lyrics), then here's one with lyrics and translation.



Amusez-vous! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment