Saturday, September 24, 2011

Learning a language in 3 months

In my search for language blogs I have come across a very interesting one: Fluent in 3 Months. And I certainly envy Benny Lewis. But I do not agree with him.
Why?
Since you are reading this blog I will assume you know English. If English is not your mother tongue, how much time did it take for you to become fluent in it? 3 months? 1 year? 5 years? 10 years?
So, what makes you think you will become fluent in a new language in 3 months? Remember the key word here is “fluent”, not communicating in broken language.
One might argue that if you had applied unconventional methods, you might have learnt English in 3 months. Perhaps, you are right. That’s why I gave you the link. Try Benny’s method and let me know if you succeeded. Personally, I am not in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment